Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This is new direction for me. Comically Partisan has a growing following; I've started a new job in downtown Philadelphia, and I'm just about to celebrate my first Christmas in a new apartment.

With all of this stuff going on, and so many things working out for me, I still can't shake the images that I've seen from all over the world. Maybe it's the holidays rolling around, or maybe I'm just more "in tune" with my feelings lately; I'm not sure what brought this on. I feel as though I have to give back, but I have so little to give. Relatively speaking. I mean, in some parts of the world, the daily wage is a dollar or less.

So I've decided to put my Communication degree to some use, and I'm going to try to help in any way I can.

This blog will showcase the suffering going on throughout the world, every minute of every day. I'll let the images I find do the talking for me, although I may occasionally comment or post a relevant article that illustrates my point. And I'll also try to include contact information for NGOs or other organizations that deal with the people and children that will fill these pages.

This blog is probably not going to be a hit. I know it's a grim view. But it's reality, no matter how far away it seems to be. I only hope it brings some attention to the problems faced by the helpless.

1 comment: